As we enter towards the purple tier here in Alameda and Contra Costa County, I just wanted to remind everybody to be safe out there. Please take whatever measures and precautions needed to keep your families and each other safe, as I’m going to show how I use the COVID-19 protocols in my practice to protect our community.
I just want to emphasize that being a chiropractor during a pandemic was something I was not prepared to face, and it’s something years of schooling will never prepared you for. I’m sure many of you can relate. I’ve experienced a lot of growth during 2020 when moving my practice to a new city and then going through this pandemic afterwards. Sometimes life can be unpredictable, but you just have to make the most out of the time you have at this moment, uplift and support one other, and the best thing we can do is embrace what we still have on top of abiding to the new rules and regulations in place to make sure you are safeguarding yourself and the general public.
As a chiropractor, I am still considered an essential worker. I will continue to serve those in need, whether it’s from pain or strain from working at home, stress, neurophysiological function, mental health, etc. It is my mission and vision to serve those in need, and you can read about my why here. I certainly know that people are needing chiropractic care even more than ever now, and I just want to let people know that they are safe to come in to the office and receive these services. I’m also offering concierge/home visit services upon request, and virtual HIPPA-compliant online consultations for those who don’t want to leave their home and stay safe.
Some of the COVID-19 protocols I do in my office and home visits as follows:
- Sanitizing and wiping down common touched areas such as door knobs, handles, and surfaces.
- Spraying the room down with distilled disinfectant spray using nano-particles and UV-light technologies.
- New patients will required to fill out and submit a COVID-19 survey as part of their intake form via online before their appointment.
- Temperatures will be taken on the forehead, and if greater than 99.9° you will have to be sent home and reschedule for another time. Please check your own temperature regularly.
- Masks shall be worn at all times by myself and the patient. If you have a mask that looks very hard to breathe in facing down or if you forget to bring one, I offer a disposable mask complementary.
- Washing and sanitizing my hands before and after each adjustment, and the use of disposible gloves during each adjustment.
- Wiping down chiropractic tables with sanitizing wipes before and after every patient.
- One person at a time inside the adjustment room.
Also, I want to encourage everyone to help out their local small businesses (restaurants, boutique shops, mom-and-pop shops) since they are also in need of your help during this time. I hope these COVID-19 protocols bring a peace of mind. We are all in this together, and I just want to let you know that I am here for you.
For more information about the author, please visit www.drdavidwongdc.com or follow me on social media FB/IG/LI/YT @drdavidwongdc